What do I need to apply for my Tier 4 visa?

A non-EEA National planning to study in the UK for more than six months should apply for entry clearance as a Tier 4 (General) student before travelling. You will need to apply on line through the Visa4uk website, and attend a visa application centre in your country to enrol your biometric data (fingerprints and facial scan). You may also be required to participate in an interview as part of the application process to establish that you genuinely intend to study whilst you are in the UK and that your level of English is good enough to follow the course you have applied for. You can make your application up to three months before your course starts.

You will need the following documents to apply:

1) Your CAS (Certificate of Acceptance for Study) number

The CAS is a unique reference number which you will need to use to apply for your Tier 4 visa. This will be generated and sent to you via email once you have been unconditionally accepted on a course. The CAS email will include your personal details, your qualifications and details of your course. You will need this information to complete the online application form, so please check it carefully to ensure it is correct, and contact the university immediately if anything needs amending. If you have pre-paid any tuition fees or accommodation to the university this should also be stated in your CAS, together with the amount(s) you have paid.

 You will need to pay a £2,000 deposit before your CAS can be issued. Once you have paid the deposit you should then request the CAS from our International Office by either emailing admissions@bcot.ac.uk or phoning the International Office enquiry desk on +44 1256 306679

2) Qualifications listed in the CAS email

You need your original transcripts/exam certificates/references as listed in your CAS showing that you have satisfied the entry requirements for your course at BCoT. Scanned copies, faxes or emails are not acceptable. The documents you take to the visa application centre should exactly match those listed in your CAS. If they do not your application is likely to be refused. 

If any documents you are submitting are not in English, you must also include a fully certified translation by a professional translator. This includes any references, qualifications, transcripts and bank statements or letters. The translation must contain the translator’s signature and a statement from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document.

3) Valid passport and any previous passports you may have had

You will need to provide your current passport and any previous passports you still have with your application. Note that your current passport must be valid for a minimum of six months after the date you travel to the UK. 

4) Maintenance (Money you will need to show)

As part of your application you will need to show that you have money to cover your tuition fees and living costs of (minimum £820) per month up to a maximum of nine months (or evidence of government sponsorship, if appropriate). You will normally need to show that you have had the money in an account in your name (or that of your parents) for a continuous minimum of 28 days prior to the date you submit your visa application. If you are using your parents’ account you will also need to produce your original birth certificate (with a translation, as appropriate) and a letter from your parents confirming the money is to be used to pay for your UK education.

How long will my visa take?

The time it takes to get your visa processed will depend on the visa application centre you apply to.

To view visa processing times for your local visa application centre see: https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/

Connect Us
facebook twitter
youtube Linked in
Instagram Snapchat
Contact Us

Basingstoke College of Technology
Worting Road
RG21 8TN

Tel: 01256 354141

Getting here

© Basingstoke College of Technology