Aukes Media

16 September 2014

Local entrepreneur Simon Stolland dropped in to BCoT this week to share his experiences with Media students.

Stolland runs Aukes Media, a media and music production company, based from his studios in Reading.  In the last couple of years, the business has taken off, with the company producing a wide range of work, from music videos and short films, to corporate promotions and weddings.

Stolland’s work came to the attention of BCoT Media Lecturer, Scott Hayden, who approached him to be a guest speaker for his Level 3 Media students and judge their first project of the new term, making a parody music video.

"I have quite a lot of clients in Basingstoke so I was only too happy to pop in," said Stolland. "And I was amused to hear about the project Scott has set the students.  My background is actually drama and performing arts but it was making parodies of music videos that first got me into film production; I thought I would be living proof for the students that your hobby really can become your career!"

During his visit Stolland met both Level 3 Media groups, spending time with them in the College’s editing suites and sharing tips and techniques.  Lecturer Scott Hayden says it was invaluable experience for them.

"Simon was fantastic with the students," he said.  "He was happy to answer questions and share ideas.  And it’s really good for the students to see someone not so much older than they are working as a professional in this industry – he is a great role model!"

Stolland is looking forward to seeing how the students’ music videos shape up.  They will select the best from amongst themselves and send these on for him to cast his professional eye over.

"I’m looking forward to seeing how they get on," he said. "With their creative ideas and the excellent facilities the College can offer, I’m hoping to see some really professional films."

Aukes Media logo.jpg

Watch some of Simon's work on his YouTube channel; click here!

To read more about our great Media courses, click here.

Connect Us
facebook twitter
youtube Linked in
Instagram Snapchat
Contact Us

Basingstoke College of Technology
Worting Road
Basingstoke
Hampshire
RG21 8TN

Tel: 01256 354141
information@bcot.ac.uk

Getting here

© Basingstoke College of Technology