Discover our experienced staff, industry-standard facilities and wide range of courses!
Home | Apprenticeships | For Employers
More and more employers are engaging in apprenticeships to develop and expand their businesses. This can either be employing a new member of staff as an apprentice or training existing employees to develop new skills. With the Government focus on growth, as well as the introduction of the apprenticeship levy, there has never been a better time to get involved.
An apprenticeship enables individuals to study for work-based qualification that are designed to meet learners and employer requirements.
We have an extensive range apprenticeship solutions courses specifically designed to support growth and development that can be used for new employees or to upskill your existing staff. We also have access to a large pool of young people and are are well placed to help you with your recruitment needs.
Our role is to develop prepare people for jobs and high quality careers so our education and training offer is focused on developing rounded individuals with the technical, professional and personal skills to succeed in your workplace.
We offer a free training needs analysis to identify training solutions for your business. Contact us to discuss how we can help you to recruit, develop and retain your staff.
An apprenticeship is a work-based training programme designed around the needs of employers, which can lead to nationally recognised qualifications.
Apprenticeships at BCoT do have entry criteria and each candidate will be assessed to ascertain their current level to ensure suitability onto the chosen apprenticeship programme.
Apprenticeships are available for newly recruited staff and existing employees and there is no maximum age restriction. They help to refresh, enhance and develop your workforce to meet the growing needs of your business.
Upon completion of an apprenticeship, employees not only achieve a nationally recognised qualification but will have gained the skills and knowledge required to make a positive impact within your organisation.
Taking on an apprentice or providing opportunities for your existing staff to undertake an Apprenticeship can benefit you as an employer by:
Employers, with the exception of small employers (up to 50 employees) training 16-18 year old apprentices, are expected to contribute towards the cost of the training. Larger employers (with a paybill over £3 million) can use their levy funds to pay for the training. Other employers (except those previously mentioned) who don’t pay the levy are expected to contribute 10 % to the costs of the training with the Government paying the other 90%. The costs vary depending on the apprenticeship programme - please contact us for further details.
Click here to view the new Funding Guide for Employers for Advanced and Higher Apprenticeships for those 24 years of age and above, which was issued by the National Apprenticeship Service.
For apprenticeships in Engineering, Automotive, Hairdressing, Beauty, Barbering, Accountancy and Construction, learners attend college on a day release basis.
Apprenticeships in Business Administration, Childcare, Customer Service, Management, Team Leading, Support Teaching and Learning, Hospitality and Warehousing are delivered in the workplace and can be started at any time of the year. Please contact us for further details.
If you are interested in recruiting an apprentice please contact Claire Morris, Business Development Manager, on 07827 360667. We will check our files and recommend suitable candidates for your consideration. If there are no suitable candidates held on file then we can assist by:
Yes. Apprenticeships are not only for school and college leavers seeking employment; your existing staff can also enjoy the benefits. Employers find that training their existing staff through an apprenticeship programme is a cost effective training solutionAspiral Learning offer a wide range of Apprenticeships (including a Management Degree Apprenticeship) that can be started at any point throughout the year, please contact the team to discuss in further detail.
Yes, grants of £1000 are available for small employers (up to 50 employees) training a 16-18 year old apprentice.
Basingstoke College of Technology
Worting Road, Basingstoke
Hampshire, RG21 8TN
Tel: 01256 306237