Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Difficulties - Level 2 Certificate (Distance Learning)
This course is designed for anyone with an interest in, or who is already working with, people with learning disabilities.
This course will be ideal for you if you’re working within health or social care but may also be useful if you’re working in education or a housing support role. You can also take this qualification to support your progression into further learning within the Health and Social Care sector.
Developing knowledge of safeguarding and protection, personalisation in social care, positive risk taking and supporting people with learning disabilities will enable you to become more effective and confident in your role.
Learners will explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
This qualification contains the following 6 mandatory units:
- Unit 1 - Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Unit 2 - Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Unit 3 - Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Unit 4 - Principles of positive risk taking for individuals with disabilities
- Unit 5 - Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
- Unit 6 - Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access health care
You don’t need to have any specific prior learning requirements to take this course, but you may find it helpful if you’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification within the Health and Social Care area.
In order to complete this distance learning course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 year olds you must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and Maths
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
We recommended allowing a minimum of 3 hours per week to study this course in your own time.
This course is available:
- Paper based learning materials with online assessments
- Fully paper-based
Where does this course lead to
Successful completion will help support a number of job roles within the Health and Social Care sector for example:
- Healthcare Support Service Worker
- Clinical Healthcare Support Worker
- Nursing Assistant
- Health Education/Health Promotion Worker
- Healthcare Assistants/Support Workers (in community and primary carer environments)
- Personal Assistants (employed directly by the individual they support or their famillies)
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email email@example.com quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below.