A warm welcome awaits…
Welcoming new and returning students to the college in September.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you to BCoT this summer. For those of you returning to study at the college, we’re pleased that we will be able to welcome you back into the classroom to continue your education.
Enrolment starts on 21st August and continues through to 2nd September, induction takes place on 3rd and 4th of September and teaching starts on 7th September. You will receive a letter detailing your enrolment arrangements. Once enrolled, your timetable, including induction arrangements, will be confirmed. All progressing students will enrol fully online.
It is our intention to return to a full timetable of classroom delivery starting on the 7th September. The safety of our staff and students is our priority and we’ve worked hard to prepare the college for your return:
- Everyone coming into college will be required to wash their hands with sanitising gel before entering, and everyone will be encouraged to wash their hands regularly throughout the day and always before eating.
- A directional movement system has been implemented throughout the college to reduce the likelihood of people breaking the social distancing requirement.
- The government guidance for colleges recognises that students will not maintain social distancing so we will be grouping students into ‘bubbles’ to minimise mixing between groups.
- We are staggering the start and finish times of lessons to reduce the number of people travelling on public transport at any one time. Students are reminded that face coverings must be worn on public transport but are not required to be worn whilst in college.
- Increased cleaning arrangements have been introduced throughout the college.