Student achievements take centre stage on results day

The college achieved a fantastic 97.6% pass rate.

Level 3 Information Technology student Luke Owen, completed his BTEC course with D*D*D. He hopes to either pursue an IT support-related apprenticeship or go into full-time employment within the IT support industry.

He said: “In my time through BCoT, the lecturers and support staff have gone above and beyond in helping in and out of classes, it's clear this isn't just a job for the staff it's a passion to help young people thrive. They’ve challenged my view of what a dedicated teacher is and have opened my mind to the positive influence they can have on me as a student.”

Fellow Level 3 student Lauren Nash finished her course in Health and Social Care with a B and is heading to the University of Winchester to study Adult Nursing.

“Over the last two years studying at BCoT, I have achieved everything I could possibly want,” Lauren said. “From doing an industry placement at BCoT's own preschool nursery to now going to University to study Adult Nursing, I'm excited about the future. I couldn't be more grateful for the support of my teachers and other staff. It's set me up for my career.”

BCoT’s first T-Level students undertaking the new technical-based qualifications in Health and Social Care and Early Years reflect on passing their first year.

T Levels are equivalent to three A-Levels and focus on vocational skills to help students into skilled employment or university. They include an in-depth industry placement where students get valuable experience in the workplace and employers get early sight of the new talent in their industry.

Shyla is hoping the qualification in Health and Social Care will lead to a career as a midwife. She said: “I chose to do the T Level for Health and Social care at BCoT because I liked the idea of getting industry-based experience to further my knowledge and understanding of what life really could be like in the future careers I am hoping to do. You get the best of both the academic world but also the work experience too.”

Daisie Lambden studying Early Years added “I enjoy the balance between industry placement days and college days. I would really like to be a nursery practitioner after this course to gain experience and then I would like to possibly go onto working with children with additional needs.”

BCoT has been offering advanced technical training in Basingstoke for more than 70 years. Earlier this year the college received its best-ever Ofsted rating to date, confirming its excellence in building the careers of tomorrow by providing rich and diverse educational programmes that empower students to thrive. The report praised the college for equipping students with the skills, knowledge and confidence to tackle whatever they choose to do next, whether it is an apprenticeship, university degree or employment.

Principal, Anthony Bravo, said: “Congratulations to all our students on receiving their results – they’ve worked so hard and should be very proud of everything they’ve achieved.

“We believe education leads to better life chances and have developed our courses to be accessible to all students whether they thrive on classroom-based learning or prefer a more ‘active’ learning approach. I wish all our students the very best as they take the next steps on their education journey. 

“I’d also like to thank our talented teaching staff and support teams for their efforts this year. The dedication shown by our staff and students is reflected in our amazing pass rate, and I’d personally like to thank each one of them for all their hard work.”

BCoT Logo

Tel: 01256 354141

Basingstoke College of Technology
Worting Road
Basingstoke
Hampshire
RG21 8TN

© 2023 Basingstoke College of Technology, Worting Road, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 8TN.