Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health - Level 2 Certificate (Distance Learning)
By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of children and young people’s mental health in context, mental health problems commonly associated with children and young people, the impact of mental ill-health on children and young people and support available to maintain mental well being in children and young people.
There are five units within this course -
- Unit 1 - Understand children and young people’s mental health in context
- Unit 2 - Understand factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
- Unit 3 - Understand children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Unit 4 - Understand the impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
- Unit 5 - Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
In order to complete this distance learning course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 year olds you must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and Maths
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
We recommended allowing a minimum of 3 hours per week to study this course in your own time.
This course is available:
- Paper based learning materials with online assessments
- Fully paper based
Where does this course lead to
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- Level 3 Award in the Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (England)
- Level 3 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below.