Understanding Behaviour that Challenges - Level 2 Certificate (Distance Learning)
In the UK alone, there are 30,000 people with a severe learning disability whose
behaviour can challenge. However, behaviour that challenges is not limited to
people with learning disabilities, which is why it is vital to raise awareness and
understanding of this type of behaviour and its effects.
This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of behaviour that challenges,
including how to support positive behaviour, the importance of effective communication in
managing behaviour, and the role of reflection and support for those involved in incidents of
behaviour that challenges.
Workers in a wide range of services are likely to meet individuals who have behaviours that challenge. This can be anyone working in areas such healthcare, social care, housing, customer services and the voluntary services
This course consists of the following units:
- Unit 1 - Understand behaviour that challenges
- Unit 2 - Understand how to support positive behaviour
- Unit 3 - Understand the importance of effective communication and the management of behaviour that challenges
- Unit 4 - Understand the role of reflection and support for those involved in incidents of behaviour that challenges
This qualification is suitable for anyone over the age of 18. In order to complete this distance learning course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 year olds you must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and Maths
There are no exams to achieve this qualification. Your learning will be assessed through a portfolio of coursework and assignments.
Studying via Distance Learning means you can choose when and where you study.
We recommended allowing a minimum of 3 hours per week to study this course in your own time.
This course is available:
- Paper based learning materials with online assessments
- Fully paper based
Where does this course lead to
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
• Level 3 Award in the Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email email@example.com quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below.