Understanding Autism - Level 2 Certificate (Distance Learning)
This qualification is designed for learners who wishes to develop an understanding of autism and how to support individuals with autism.
It’s useful for those who provide direct support and those working in sectors such as:
- Health Care
- Social Care
- Leisure & Entertainment
- Education & Training
Learners are required to successfully complete six mandatory units.
- Unit 1 - Introduction to autism
- Unit 2 - Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Unit 3 - Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
- Unit 4 - Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Unit 5 - Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Unit 6 - Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
You don’t need to have any specific prior learning requirements to take this course, but you may find it helpful if you’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
In order to complete this distance learning course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 year olds you must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and Maths
There are no exams to achieve this qualification. Your learning will be assessed through a portfolio of coursework and assignments.
Studying via Distance Learning means you can choose when and where you study.
We recommended allowing a minimum of 3 hours per week to study this course in your own time.
- This course is available:
- Paper based learning materials with online assessments
- Fully paper based
Where does this course lead to
If you achieve this qualification you could progress to:
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for the Children's Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
- Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support Services
- Level 3 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support
It may also be useful to learners studying qualifications in the following sectors:
- Social care
- Early Years
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email email@example.com quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below.