Introducing Caring for Children and Young People - Level 2 Certificate (Distance Learning)
Throughout this qualification, you will explore the factors that influence children's development, such as the importance of nutrition and play and interaction. You will learn how you can be a positive influence on the different stages in a child's growth.
Whether you have an interest in this subject or are actively looking to gain employment (or a voluntary role) in a childcare role, this qualification will give you a good understanding of caring for a range of age groups.
This nationally recognised qualification allows you the flexibility to study in your own time.
This course is divided into five manageable units, all of which you will need to complete to achieve the full qualification:
- Unit 1 - Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Unit 2 - Importance of place for early learning
- Unit 3 - Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Unit 4 - The value of play to young children
- Unit 5 - Young children's development
In order to complete this distance learning course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 year olds you must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and Maths
Studying via Distance Learning means you can choose when and where you study.
We recommended allowing a minimum of 3 hours per week to study this course in your own time.
This course is available:
- Paper based learning materials with online assessments
- Fully paper based
Where does this course lead to
Successful completion of this course will enhance your career prospects in the childcare sector. You could also go on to further study in a related area at Level 3.
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below.