Understanding Nutrition and Health - Level 2 Certificate (Distance Learning)
This qualification is designed for learners interested in improving understanding of nutrition and healthy eating.
It may be particularly relevant to you if you work - or are looking to work - in Sport and Recreation, Exercise and Fitness, Hospitality and Catering or Healthcare. It will complement your other qualifications and enables you to develop within your current job role.
The qualification supports the Government White Paper ‘Healthy Lives Healthy People’ and the drive to empower individuals to make healthy choices and give communities the tools to address their own, particular needs, including the need to educate and change behaviour on diet and nutrition to reduce the prevalence of obesity.
This course consists of the following five mandatory units, all of which need to be completed to achieve the full qualification:
- Explore principles of healthy eating
- Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- The principles of weight management
- Understanding eating disorders
In order to complete this distance learning course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 year olds you must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and Maths
Studying via Distance Learning means you can choose when and where you study.
We recommended allowing a minimum of 3 hours per week to study this course in your own time.
This course is available:
- Paper based learning materials with online assessments
- Fully paper based
Where does this course lead to
This qualification can support progression to employment and progression within employment for the following job roles and workers:
- Care Assistant/Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Key Workers in Domiciliary Care Services
- Home Care Support Worker
- Healthcare Assistant
- Health Promotion/Education Worker
- Sport and Exercise Nutritionist
- Exercise/Fitness Instructor
- Hospitality Services Assistant
- School Cook
This qualification supports progression to further learning in the following areas:
- Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- Level 2 Diploma in Exercise, Health and Fitness Instructing
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Fitness
- Level 2 and 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 2 and 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
- Intermediate/Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Catering and Professional Chefs
- Intermediate/Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Health & Social Care
- Intermediate/Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Health (Clinical Healthcare Support)
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below.