Principles of End of Life Care - Level 2 Certificate (Distance Learning)
This course is designed for anyone wishing to gain an understanding of end of life care.
It is suitable for those considering employment within health and social care, looking to complement other qualifications within an apprenticeship or developing within a current job role in health and social care.
This course consists of the following six mandatory units, all of which must be completed in order to achieve the qualification:
- Understand how to work in end of life care
- Care Planning in end of life care
- Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- End of life care and dementia
- Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
- Understand loss and grief in end of life care
You don’t need to have any specific prior learning requirements to take this course, but you may find it helpful if you’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification within the Health and Social Care area.
In order to complete this distance learning course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 year olds you must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and Maths
Studying via Distance Learning means you can choose when and where you study.
We recommended allowing a minimum of 3 hours per week to study this course in your own time.
This course is available:
- Paper based learning materials with online assessments
- Fully paper based
Where does this course lead to
This course supports progression to employment or further learning in a range of job roles such as:
- Personal Care Assistant
- Adult Social Care Relief Team Worker
- Night Care Assistant
- Support Worker (Supported Living)
- Palliative Care Hospice Worker
- Home Care Support Worker
- Bereavement Support Worker
Successful completion of the qualification will help your progression to further learning on qualifications such as:
- Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support
- Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 2 or 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Intermediate/Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Health & Social Care
- Intermediate/Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Health (Clinical Healthcare Support)
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email email@example.com quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below.