Falls Prevention Awareness - Level 2 Certificate (Distance Learning)
The purpose of this course is to increase learners’ awareness and understanding of falls and their prevention which will allow them to progress into, or within, employment in healthcare or social care settings.
The objective of the qualification is to allow learner’s to gain knowledge and understanding through 3 manageable units;
- Unit 1 The impact and consequences of a fall
- Unit 2 Risks and hazards which contribute to falls
- Unit 3 Reducing the risk of falls.
You don’t need to have any specific prior learning requirements to take this course, but you may find it helpful if you’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification within the Health and Social Care area.
In order to complete this distance learning course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 year olds you must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and Maths
Studying via Distance Learning means you can choose when and where you study.
We recommended allowing a minimum of 3 hours per week to study this course in your own time.
This course is available:
- Paper based learning materials with online assessments
- Fully paper based
Where does this course lead to
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Stroke Care Management
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email email@example.com quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below.