Introduction to Counselling Skills - Level 2 TQUK Certificate (Distance Learning)
Many people find it helpful and empowering to seek the support of counselling at some point in their lives. People in any situation could benefit from counselling, and those with the correct understanding, knowledge and skills can provide them with support to improve personal well-being.
This qualification focuses on key counselling skills to enable you to provide support wherever it is required. The course provides you with an understanding of various theoretical approaches, as well as covering the importance of a counselling relationship and helpful interaction techniques.
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Using counselling skills
- Unit 2: Introduction to counselling skills theories
- Unit 3: Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
- Unit 4: Counselling skills and personal development
You don’t need to have any specific prior learning requirements to take this course, but you may find it helpful if you’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification within the Health and Social Care area.
In order to complete this distance learning course at no charge you will need to match the following entry criteria:
- Are a resident of the EEU (European Economic Area) and have been for at least 3 years
- Will be undertaking your learning within England
- Are aged 19 or above
- If you are 19-23 year old you must have already achieved a level 2 qualification or equivalent
- If you are 24+ there are no formal entry requirements for this course but you will find it helpful to have a good standard of English and Maths
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Counselling, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievements of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units, as detailed in the qualification specification. Grades are not awarded.
Within this qualification the learner is required to conduct a simulated counselling session. This can be evidenced via observation, video or witnessed by a certified counsellor.
Studying via Distance Learning means you can choose when and where you study.
We recommended allowing a minimum of 3 hours per week to study this course in your own time.
This course is available via:
- Paper based learning materials with online assessments
Fully paper based
Where does this course lead to
This course does not qualify you to practice as a counsellor, but is suitable for those who wish to increase their understanding of counselling skills and techniques in order to engage in helpful interaction appropriately. You could use this knowledge to complement an existing role, or as a basis for continued study to attain a qualification in this sector.
How to Enrol
To find out more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the course reference, or to enrol now click the button below.